Fife fire-raiser put lives at risk as bin blaze spread to house
A fire-raiser put lives at risk by starting a blaze in a bin which then spread to a house and surrounding properties.
The incident took place in Glenrothes and also resulted in a gas leak causing the risk of explosion.
Alan Murphy (33), now a prisoner at Perth, appeared in the dock at Dunfermline Sheriff Court.
He admitted that on 10th January at an address in Turiff Brae, Glenrothes, he wilfully set fire to a bin and it took effect, causing damage to the bin and to a gas mains, resulting in a gas leak which caused the fire to spread to that property and adjacent properties, to the endangerment of life.
Three fire appliances were called to a fire in a house at around 12.23am and firefighters remained there for five hours.
Sheriff Chris Shead called for reports and Murphy was remanded in custody until sentencing on 28th March.