Teenage thug locked up for vicious gang attack on man in Fife



A man, who confronted a group of drunken youths about their behaviour in a Fife street, was brutally attacked.

A teenage thug, who was placed on a bail order in court earlier that same day, had knocked back three bottles of Buckfast before carrying out the “vicious and sustained” attack.

Leon Robb (18), acting with others, forced the victim to the ground, then punched and kicked him on the head as well as striking him with a piece of wood.

Garden fences had been kicked and damaged before the violent attack which has left “a very significant and long-lasting impact” on the victim.

Two other youths, from Glenrothes, had originally been charged  along with Robb but the cases against them were dropped.

Robb, of Paterson Park, Leslie, appeared for sentencing at Dunfermline Sheriff Court.

He previously admitted that on 29th March last year at Dunbeath Drive, Glenrothes, whilst acting with others, he assaulted John McDade by forcing him to the ground, punching and kicking him on the head and body and striking him on the body with a piece of wood, all to his injury.

The court was told a number of youths were involved in the disorder and police had warned them about their behaviour earlier.

Defence solicitor Roshni Joshi said her client was “remorseful” and had distanced himself from certain former friends since the incident.

Sheriff Charles MacNair told Robb, “You and others were causing a disturbance and not surprisingly Mr McDade went out and told you to go away and stop causing problems.

“What you and your friends then did was carry out a vicious and sustained assault on Mr McDade which involved kicks to the head after him being brought to the ground.

“The impact statement shows that your behaviour has caused a very significant and long-lasting effect on Mr McDade.

“All of this took place after you had consumed three bottles of Buckfast wine.”

The offence was committed when Robb was on three bail orders.

One of these orders was imposed at Kirkcaldy Sheriff Court earlier the same day as the brutal attack.

Sheriff MacNair imposed a 16-month custodial sentence.



You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.