Fife drugs scam led to violent assault


A drugs deal turned violent after the buyer opened his package of ‘cannabis’ to find in fact it was just pebbles. 

This triggered a vicious punch-up in Cardenden which resulted in a jail sentence for Alexander Milne for causing severe injury. 

Alexander Milne (36), currently a prisoner at Perth, appeared in the dock at Dunfermline Sheriff Court. 

He admitted that on 12th November at Dundonald Park, Cardenden, he assaulted a man by repeatedly punching him on the head, causing him to fall to the ground and thereafter repeatedly punched him on the head to his severe injury and impairment. 

Depute fiscal Sarah Lumsden said that the victim had purchased what he thought was cannabis but when he opened the wrap it turned out to be “just two pebbles”. 

He and a companion went to a house in the area and began banging on the door. 

“There was an argument and the accused was shouting from within the house,” said the depute. 

The unhappy drugs buyer then punched the accused who quickly retaliated by battering him with repeated punches. 

“When he fell to the ground the accused continued to punch him,” added the depute. 

Police were called and the victim was seen “staggering about with facial injuries”. 

Milne was spotted with blood-stained clothing and ran from the police before being apprehended. 

The injured man was taken to the Victoria Hospital where he was found to have sustained a fracture to his eye socket, a “significant injury” to the eye and two broken teeth. He was complaining of blurred vision. In December when he returned to the hospital he still had blurred vision. 

Defence solicitor Lee Qumsieh said his client had been at his friend’s when the incident occurred. 

“He answered the door because someone was not only banging on the door but kicking it. He just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. 

“An argument ensued, the complainer then threw the first punch. Mr Milne’s intention had been to be keep the peace. The situation was escalated by the complainer and became a violent encounter. 

“Mr Milne accepts that after being punched he reacted in an inappropriate manner and regrets this. He didn’t know the man and had no intention to injure him.” 

Sheriff Craig McSherry jailed Milne for 20 months.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.