Head-butted his pregnant girlfriend and broke her nose


A 20-year-old man, who broke his pregnant girlfriend’s nose by head-butting her, has been told he could be facing a lengthy jail sentence. 

Danny Smith was drunk at a house party in Dunfermline when he attacked his partner. 

Smith (20), currently in custody, appeared in the dock at Dunfermline Sheriff Court following a catalogue of offending. 

Depute fiscal Azrah Yousaf said, “He was at a party with his partner who was three months pregnant at the time. 

“He was extremely drunk and she was trying to calm him down. He head-butted her and her nose started to bleed.”

Smith, previously of Segal Place, Dunfermline, has admitted a string of offences and also breached a community payback order for a previous violent incident at town’s bus depot.

On 22nd March he was granted bail on condition he was not to drink alcohol and was put on a home curfew. He breached this on 10th June when he was at Golfdrum Street and not within the specified address in Segal Place and he would not provide a specimen of alcohol to police officers.

On 10th June at an address in Golfdrum Street he assaulted his partner by butting her on the head to her injury.

On 3rd March at an address in Almond Road, Dunfermline, he repeatedly shouted, swore, challenged people to fight, punched a window, struck the window with his head, made threats of violence and kicked a door.

On 9th March he breached a bail condition by entering that same address in Almond Road.

On 18th March at Victoria Hospital, Kirkcaldy, he behaved in a threatening or abusive manner by repeatedly shouting and swearing. He also assaulted a police constable by attempting to bite him on the body.

Smith previously avoided a jail sentenced after being involved in a violent incident with staff and police at Dunfermline bus depot.

The other thug involved, aged 17, was wearing a knuckle duster during the vicious assaults and was given a custodial sentence.  

The incident occurred at the Stagecoach East Scotland depot in St Leonards Street.

One employee sustained a swollen lip and his colleague also suffered a swollen lip and a bruised eye.

A community payback order was imposed on Smith with 240 hours of unpaid work. That order has now been breached.

At the request of defence solicitor Selina Mackay, Sheriff James MacDonald agreed to delay sentencing until 1st August to see if Smith’s mother’s new address in Wick would be suitable for a restriction of liberty order.

However, Sheriff MacDonald told Smith, “You should be under no illusion. You are in danger of spending a significant period of time in custody.”


You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.